Wilton Windmill is run by volunteers and any funds that we raise, through membership, donations, grants, flour sales, open days and entry fees, are put back into the maintenance of the windmill and other specific projects.
So, how can you help to keep the Windmill open to the public and in working condition for future generations? Through volunteering and membership.
Read on …..
Become a Volunteer
If you’d like to contribute your time to the Windmill, either through being a guide, working in the shop, helping with maintenance or on an event day or any of the other jobs and projects that come up, then we would be delighted to welcome you. As a volunteer, you will automatically become a Friend of The Wilton Windmill Society, giving you full membership benefits. There is no fee payable for Friends, although you are welcome to make a donation if you would like to.
Wilton Windmill is also a Pewsey Vale Volunteer Rewards Partner, which means that anyone who would like to volunteer and is in one of the target groups can earn Time Credits for their efforts. For more information on this, please indicate on the Volunteering form below.
To let us know you’d like to get involved and the sort of thing you are interested in, then just complete the form and one of our team will be in contact with you.
Become a Member or Patron
If you would like to become a member of The Wilton Windmill Society, there are three options – annual membership at just £5 per year, lifetime membership for a one-off subscription of £50 or you can become a patron for a donation of £200 or more. For any of these options, just complete the relevant Membership Application form.
Friend & Member Benefits
Regardless of whether you are a Friend or a Member, you get the same benefits:
- Free entry into the Mill;
- Invitation to, and voting rights at, the Cheese & Wine AGM;
- Invitation to Friends’ and Members’ special events;
- Notification of and invitation to milling sessions (when possible – they are often at short notice);
- The satisfaction that you are contributing to the continued protection of the only windmill still operating in Wessex.
Where Your Money Goes
Your contributions in time, donations and membership are invaluable to the continued success of Wilton Windmill – it’s how we keep things going.
Typical recent expenditure includes:
- A replacement donations box;
- A new shepherd’s hut to house the shop and providing an indoor seating area for visitors;
- Replacement gibbet for the sign on the A338;
- New gates at the site entrance.
There is always something that needs to be done!